How to coordinate the clock when dual-booting with Windows

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Tue Dec 12 12:53:28 UTC 2017

Kevin O'Gorman schreef op 12-12-2017 2:04:

> So mine is not working and yours is.

Ehm, mine isn't working either.

I hadn't actually checked very well lately, this is a new Kubuntu
16.04.3 install and previously I had an older install running 4.4.

In which everything worked fine, I mean.

So I can lend you the following observations:

- If I reboot from Linux to Windows the time is off by one hour.
- If I set the time correct in Windows and reboot to Windows the time is
correct even with no sync.
- If I reboot from Linux to Windows and do not set the time, and then
reboot back to Linux, the time is 1 hour early.

So Windows -> Linux works fine, Linux -> Windows is off.

I would have to verify more I guess.

I am going to check now what happens if I don't shut down. But instant
mayhem :).