power saving

Teresa e Junior teresaejunior at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 19:57:45 UTC 2017

Em 11/12/2017 15:31, Xen escreveu:

> The default profiler activated by the Linux kernel is apparently
> "performance" which never lowers the frequency.
>
> The "cpufrequtils" package does nothing other than set the profiler at
> boot and provide utils to set and read it.

That's interesting. I'm on Xubuntu 17.10 with the default Ubuntu kernel,
and it is currently set to "powersave" without cpufrequtils installed,
although there is CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y on
/boot/config-$(uname -r).

So I don't really know what is controlling these settings on my laptop.