rtc net update

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Mon Dec 11 04:03:50 UTC 2017

Good Evening:

Now that we are on the topic of the RTC, is it possible to change the
update frequency.  I understand that a crystal controlled clock drifts a
few seconds per month.  I also heard (unofficial) that routers,
computers, tablets, phones, etc. do a net update daily.  Shouldn't a
monthly update be enough, except for those few cases that more often is
necessary?  Wouldn't this reduce the traffic on the net by, say, a lot?
Wouldn't that be a good thing?  I have never seen a prompt to vary the
update frequency.

John

Treehugger (That includes all resources)