Clonezilla question

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Sun Dec 10 05:03:36 UTC 2017

On 10/12/17 13:26, compdoc wrote:
> On 12/09/2017 03:56 PM, Phil wrote:
>
>> I discovered that Clonezilla requires that the source drive be unmounted
>
> I boot clonezilla from a cd or usb stick, and never have to worry about
> drives in use. How are you running it?
>
> Is it asking to unmount the swap partition?

Thank you comdoc for your reply.

The Clonezilla site mentions the need to unmount the drive that needs to
be cloned. I suppose booting from a DVD overcomes that need. I'll
download it anyway and see if I can clone onto an old mechanical disk as
a test before splashing out on a new SSD.

--
Regards,
Phil