map view missing from digikam in Ubuntu 16.04

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sat Dec 9 18:51:34 UTC 2017

Greetings,

I have digiKam 4.12.0 and the corresponding kipi plugins installed via
apt-get on an Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 box. Everything works fine except, as
I only realized today, there is NO map view button in the left sidebar.
When I realized this, I also discovered that there is no
geolocation/geotagging entry anywhere in the menus.

Is anybody experiencing the same thing? Any idea of what may be
the reason, and how to fix it? I will also check on the digikam
mailing list, but I thought I'd check here first, because I
have a feeling that it may be a Ubuntu-specific issue.

TIA,
Marco

--
http://mfioretti.com