Keylogger

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Dec 3 19:39:58 UTC 2017

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 12:58:47 -0400, Duane Whitty wrote:
>On 17-12-03 12:52 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 12:42:58 -0400, Duane Whitty wrote:
>>> Additionally, Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Memory -> Undo lets
>>> you specify how many undo levels you have.  I have never changed the
>>> setting so apparently the default is 100.
>>
>> Undo histories could be tricky. I don't know LibreOffice's undo
>> history, but for text applications there at least could be an issue
>> regarding undo each written character or word. Undoing each
>> character could be a PITA. For other software, such as audio
>> workstations, the undo history for the good and the bad, usually
>> doesn't includes all kinds of editing ;). "Undo" isn't the silver
>> bullet ;). Saving snapshots is a far better approach.
>>

>I agree, hence a full save every x minutes which does not overwrite the
>previous document seems a win.  The only option I don't see which might
>be useful is the ability to indicate how many backups versions should
>be kept (x number or limited only by storage space).  Might be
>different in audio but I have no experience in that domain.

You can't rely on a rotation cycle for automatic snapshots, as already
pointed out, to me it sometimes is important to take a snapshot one time
in two days and other times to take a snapshot ten times in 5
minutes. There neither is a default I could chose for the amount of
backups, before the earliest backup gets overwritten, neither for the
time interval when such a snapshot should be taken.