Keylogger

Duane Whitty duane at nofroth.com
Sun Dec 3 16:58:47 UTC 2017

On 17-12-03 12:52 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 12:42:58 -0400, Duane Whitty wrote:
>> Additionally, Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Memory -> Undo lets
>> you specify how many undo levels you have.  I have never changed the
>> setting so apparently the default is 100.
>
> Undo histories could be tricky. I don't know LibreOffice's undo history,
> but for text applications there at least could be an issue regarding
> undo each written character or word. Undoing each character could be a
> PITA. For other software, such as audio workstations, the undo history
> for the good and the bad, usually doesn't includes all kinds of
> editing ;). "Undo" isn't the silver bullet ;). Saving snapshots is a
> far better approach.

I agree, hence a full save every x minutes which does not overwrite the
previous document seems a win.  The only option I don't see which might
be useful is the ability to indicate how many backups versions should be
kept (x number or limited only by storage space).  Might be different in
audio but I have no experience in that domain.

Best Regards,
Duane

--
Duane Whitty