Keylogger

Duane Whitty duane at nofroth.com
Sun Dec 3 16:25:08 UTC 2017

On 17-12-03 12:03 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 15:43:02 +0000 (UTC), thufir wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 19:37:19 +0100, Xen wrote:
>>> LibreOffice crashed on me again and took some text with it, now my
>>> document is incongruent again because I can never remember exactly
>>> what I wrote.
>>
>> The real-world solution is to use git.
>
> How do you store a document with LibreOffice or similar software while
> writing it, when using git?
>
> IMO the only approach is to save the document every time something
> important was edited, most of the times by overwriting the already saved
> document and sometimes by another name text_in_progress_00,
> text_in_progress_01 ... text_in_progress_n.
>
> Btw. audio workstations such as Ardour provide an option to take
> snapshots, apart from just saving a project, we could consider it a git
> alike approach. An office program perhaps should have such an option,
> too. Anyway, even when using Ardour or other audio workstations I
> usually store my work by the in_progress_00, in_progress_01 ...
> in_progress_n approach. Not automatically, but always if some "hard"
> work was done, this could happen one time in two days or ten times in 5
> minutes.

I just checked LibreOffice Writer's configuration capabilities.  Under
Tools -> Options -> Load/Save -> General you can configure LibreOffice
Writer to save AutoRecovery information as frequently as once per minute
and to automatically save the document too.  There is also a checkbox to
always create a backup copy.

Best Regards,
Duane

--