Keylogger

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Dec 3 14:22:36 UTC 2017

On Sun, 03 Dec 2017 10:32:32 +0100, Xen wrote:
>But mostly because of background saves by applications (and background
>unlinking by applications), not because of hardware (or even
>file-system) issues.

It's wise to take place caching and other kinds of temporary storage in
tmpfs.

$ df -h|grep tmpfs
tmpfs           3.9G   51M  3.8G   2% /dev/shm
tmpfs           3.9G     0  3.9G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs           3.9G   16K  3.9G   1% /tmp
tmpfs           787M   56K  787M   1% /run/user/1000

Everything stored in tmpfs doesn't survive shutdown -h now.

Building large software in tmpfs, e.g. a kernel or Firefox, could
cause issues, due to a lack of free space. In my case building a kernel
does work without issues, but I can't comment on building Firefox. This
is something to keep in mind when making /tmp a tmpfs and while being
used to build packages in /tmp.

Perhaps

$ ls -hld ~/.cache/
drwx------ 59 rocketmouse rocketmouse 4.0K Nov 19 21:44 /home/rocketmouse/.cache/