Keylogger

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Dec 3 07:01:04 UTC 2017

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 08:49:22 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
>hardware itself tends to have the ability to move sectors, segments,
>etc., for a variety of reasons without notification

I didn't verify if this is true, but it seems to be plausible enough to
me, to believe that a HDD's integrated software does this for good
reasons. I guess apart from Windows users nobody of us ever runs
software to defragment a HDD, I suspect that it has to do with the file
system we are using in combination with HDD firmware. While recovering
overwritten data might be impossible or at least isn't worth the
effort, I guess that there are indeed copies of data on a HDD
available, that are easily to read, without time and cost intensive
methods.