Keylogger

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Dec 3 06:36:26 UTC 2017

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 00:55:12 +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
>Do you have a citation for a case where this has in fact been done
>after a single straightforward pass of overwriting with (e.g.) zeroes?

It doesn't matter if it's a myth or reality. I didn't hear about the
electron microscope, but about laser based forensics. It doesn't harm
to overwrite data several times with different patterns and if the HDD
shouldn't be needed anymore, it doesn't harm to shred the HDD by using
C-4, assuming you should own the permission to use C-4.