Keylogger

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Fri Dec 1 07:15:07 UTC 2017

Colin Law schreef op 30-11-2017 23:01:
> On 30 November 2017 at 18:37, Xen <list at xenhideout.nl> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a keylogger with a GUI and an easy-to-use
>> turn-on/turn-off feature?
>>
>> I mean like an applet in the system tray?
>>
>> LibreOffice crashed on me again and took some text with it, now my
>> document
>> is incongruent again because I can never remember exactly what I
>> wrote.
>
> I don't remember ever losing any typing due to a LibreOffice crash. On
> the rare occasions that it has crashed it has always automatically
> recovered the recent typing.

Me too. Well, in most cases. Sometimes the recovery failed, but in this
case it recovered and then produced an older document.

I had rewritten 2 paragraphs.

I *might* even have saved in between and in that case it would have
overwritten my saved state with the autorecovery.

This crash was a peculiar one. "Array index out of bounds" when
selecting text...

But regardless, this is no solution. I need a fail-safe measure that
will work independently of LibreOffice.

For instance, if you go back in your text to undo something and then
redo back to the front, or you just wanted to see your older text that
you had changed, and you want to redo back to the front but you
accidentally press shift-Z instead of ctrl-shift-Z, your redo buffer is
now gone.

There is no safety inside LibreOffice against any of these measures...

They remain all tiny solutions for individual problems while the entire
problem could be solved with one keylogger once and for all, that you
turn on when you start writing and off when you're done.

So yes, there is a need for a keylogger. For me there is.

It's the same as ensuring that no device will ever shortcircuit --- OR
you can install a protection against power surges (that we all have I
guess) and solve the problem forever.

You can't find safety by trying to solve all these individual problems
when you could solve the bigger problem once and for all, and have a
safety net I mean that just catches everything.

Hence my request.