Uncaught exception

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 08:08:18 UTC 2017

On 23 August 2017 at 07:03, Gary J. Kirkpatrick <garyartista at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 2:06 AM, Jim <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Electron is a javascript framework that allows you to build javascript
>> desktop applications.  It uses Node.js and Chromium's content API to build
>> desktop apps using javascript, html and css. BrowserWindow is a reference to
>> Electon's BrowserWindow class which is used to display an app's window on
>> the desktop.
>>
>> I would guess that Chrome is not at fault, but some app coded using
>> Electron is having a problem. This link will tell you more about Electron
>> https://electron.atom.io/  and at the bottom of the page lists alot of apps
>> built with Electron, Maybe you will see one you are using.
>>
>> Regards,  Jim
>
> On the list the only one I use is wordpress for my art website.  It is not
> installed on my computer. I'll pay attention to see if I have the problem
> when my website is loaded.

I think from what you have written that you are getting a popup
window. If so then the next time it happens open a terminal and run
xprop _NET_WM_PID | sed 's/_NET_WM_PID(CARDINAL) = //' | ps `cat`

The mouse cursor should change into a cross. Click in the popup and in
the terminal you should see the process that has opened it.

Also you could have a look in /var/log/syslog when it happens and
there may be a clue there.

Colin