(Solved) Re: Upgrade path from MySQL to MariaDB broken? (Akonadi)

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 14 10:22:26 UTC 2017

hi,
Am Montag, den 14.08.2017, 12:16 +0200 schrieb Volker Wysk:
> Am Montag, 14. August 2017, 11:57:10 CEST schrieb Oliver Grawert:

> > > Yes, I have used it. I'm installing in accordance with the
> > > Nextcloud
> > > 12 Server
> > > Administration Manual.
> > >
> > > There it is written that first, "sudo snap install nextcloud"
> > > should
> > > be done,
> > > and then "apt-get install apache2 mariadb-server libapache2-mod-
> > > php7.0".
> > >
> > > Looks like MariaDB is _not_ contained in the snap package.
> > hmm, do you have a URL ? that shouldnt be needed, i have the
> > nextcloud
> > snap running standalone on several systems here that only run a
> > minimal
> > installed OS... (it would also mean the snap wouldnt run on ubuntu
> > core
> > (which is definitely does for many people), since you can not
> > install
> > debs there)
> Here are the instructions which I've followed:
>
> https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/admin_manual/installation/
> source_installation.html#example-installation-on-ubuntu-16-04-lts-
> server
>
> So far, I'm only at the beginning.

the section about snap is:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/admin_manual/installation/source_i
nstallation.html#installing-via-snap-packages

and all it says is:

sudo snap install nextcloud

(and that is definitely enough to get a fully running and default-
configured nextcloud up that you can then manage through the web UI)

i dont see a mention about any additional debs ...

ciao
	oli