Concerned about future 32 bit server support

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Aug 9 20:27:45 UTC 2017

On Wed, 09 Aug 2017 20:01:37 +0100, David Fletcher wrote:
>I'm beginning to think that it would not be unwise, to have a good look
>through the offerings in the MiniITX shop and try to find something in
>64 bit that appears to do what my faithful 32 bit board does, buy one,
>hook it up to my laboratory supply and a hard drive to make sure, then
>hold it in reserve for the next LTS server release.

Hi,

my laboratory power supply does provide up to 2 A only :D. Regarding a
Google research nowadays even cheaper laboratory power supplies than
mine seem to be more comfortable and provide much more ampere. However,
I wasn't aware that a MiniITX could consume less than 10 W, OTOH others
consume around 40 W. For a lot, if not most laboratory power supplies
it's still seems to be marginal.

Regards,
Ralf