LCD monitor

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Aug 9 15:01:41 UTC 2017

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 18:10:09 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
>If I were buying a new monitor now and had the money, I'd pay extra to
>get a good one.

Hi,

an update. LG replied that 1 borked pixel is within the standards, so
they won't provide a fair dealing offer, period. My dealer's
support offered me to replace the LG with a new LG or to give the money
back. I decided tosend back the LG today and order another monitor for
more than double the price of the LG, instead of replacing it by the
same. I should get the new monitor tomorrow. I get used to the LG and
even to the pixel issue in the upper panel, but I want to experience, if
there is a difference when using a more expensive monitor. Btw. between
the subpixels there is a black something and this black something had
stepped out and covers the subpixels of 1 ½ pixels. The subpixels work
correctly, they are covered with this black something. I already wrote
this, but without the information what does cover the pixel. On Linux
audio users somebody sent a link to very good high-quality second hand
monitors without any issues, and with 1 year guarantee, the only
drawback of those monitors is the power consumption. Still less than a
CRT, but much more, than of modern LCD monitors. Out of curiosity I
decided to buy a new monitor, instead of a second hand, an EIZO EV2450W
in black. I neither could, nor do I want to spend more than 300,- €,
but even 300,- € still seems to be the lower price segment. However,
the EIZO already is aimed for office as well as medical usage.

Regards,
Ralf