Ubuntu Linux and firewalling and dual NIC's

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 21:41:19 UTC 2017

Hello.

I have a firewall/gateway computer, that has two network cards, and we
are soon to change from ADSL to the (Australian) soupy-doupy NBN thing
with supposedly higher data transmission speed capabilities, which
means a new modem/router thing with which to interface, and so, new
settings (or so, I expect), which means, in the context of the status
of the firewall/gateway computer, replacing the operating system and
firewall software.

I have thus far, used Ubuntu Linux only as a workstation operating
system, which does not involve two network interfaces; two NIC's, and
so I need to know whether Ubuntu can be used on the firewall/gateway
computer, running two NIC's on the same computer.

Please advise.

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby