Accessing mounted drive from snap package

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 08:25:34 UTC 2017

On Ubuntu 17.04 I have installed the keepassxc snap package using
sudo snap install keepassxc

I have a remote (samba) drive permanently mounted via fstab as /media/drivename

In order to access a keepass database on the mounted drive I have to run
sudo snap connect keepassxc:removable-media :removable-media
which seems odd since the drive is not removable.

Even then I am not able to browse to /media, but have to enter the
full path in the filename dialog in Database > Open in keepassxc.

Is this a limitation of snap packages? In which case it is not a very
user friendly feature.

Colin