Shock announcement

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 21:40:05 UTC 2017

> On 04/06/2017 12:06 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
>
>> Funny.  I seem to recall Unity coming out in 10.10 or so.

”Or so” is correct. Ubuntu 10.10 was Gnome 2, Ubuntu 11.04 was Unity. I
kept Ubuntu 10.10 as long as possible, I think I waited until Ubuntu 12.04
before i upgraded. Since Ubuntu 10.10, they removed almost every nice
feature that I used commonly, forcing me into awkward workarounds, some of
them didn't even work… Seriously, I suspect they spied on me. It was like
”ok, how do Johnny Rosenberg use Ubuntu? Aha… he use those features. Let's
remove one of them and see what happens… And when I still didn't switch to
another distribution, they removed another one and so on.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg