How to boot a win 7 hard drive that was in Ubuntu system?

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Thu Apr 6 20:35:59 UTC 2017

Jim schreef op 06-04-2017 21:55:

> Spoke to soon, the nightmare continues. After entering my product key
> the Microsoft site tells me it is oem so I must get from the mfg. HP
> will charge me $30 and send me one.  Great customer service.

Well I told you. Only retail keys work. One that comes with your
computer is not retail.

> Xen gave me this url: http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
>
> It's a torrent site, never used a torrent before.  Clicked the iso
> file, Transmission opened, I selected the iso, then clicked start
> torrent, but nothing happened. What am I missing?

If you entered a download location for it it should start; however
torrents are dependent on the availability of seeds; so if there is no
seeder you would be out of luck.

Typically if there are seeders you would see it connecting and a
download speed starting to emerge. So if you selected a save location it
should start automatically after clicking okay.

I could give you a private download link to a Windows 7 ISO by private
email but I am pretty sure it is a Dutch language ISO, not that it would
make a difference for this; or a Windows 8 by private email link that
would be English, because I am sure it doesn't matter if you'd use a
Windows 8 DVD for it.

If there are really no seeders you could try another ISO to see if there
are any seeders there.

Regards.