Problem reinstalling Xubuntu 16.04

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 20:48:38 UTC 2017

On 5 April 2017 at 22:35, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried that with VirtualBox.  I had to look up how to attach a real
> ("raw") hard drive, but it seemed to work.
>
> However, when I plugged the drive into the laptop, it did not boot.  I
> rebooted from the flash drive to "try" Xubuntu, and it does not like
> the hard drive format at all - it's not ext4 or vfat.

Odd. I've done exactly this. I have an installation of Lubuntu 16.04
on an 8GB USB key. It boots into a full local desktop, on any BIOS
machine.

N.B. Attach the entire USB key device -- not a partition

http://liam-on-linux.livejournal.com/50416.htmln it.

Run only in a VM when updating, or in a diskless PC, or else GRUB will
add all the entries on your hard disk to the USB key's boot menu.

But I can confirm it *does* work.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com