Help, my RAID won't start

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Tue Apr 4 20:45:18 UTC 2017

Rashkae schreef op 04-04-2017 22:39:
> On 17-04-04 04:31 PM, Xen wrote:
>> Rashkae schreef op 04-04-2017 22:19:
>

>> Personally I stay away from UUIDs and use filesystem labels instead
>> (or
>> GPT partition labels if possible, but you wouldn't be able to use that
>> on a raid).
>>
>> UUIDs lead to human error.
>>

> Copy/Paste.

Not human error in copy/paste, but human error in not having a clue what
each UUID refers to in the end when you need to know this shit because
something stops working ;-).

> Labels lead to human laziness.. (re-using labels, then forgetting to
> check when moving disks/volumes between systems.)

I agree with that...

> But if you can
> avoid that, they are a perfectly acceptable method to avoid device
> names.

Yeah, but the worst thing that can usually happen is that you have 2
disks with the same label.

Apart from a short confusion that is easy enough to solve I guess.

At least, as long as systemd won't start to randomly mount/umount stuff
on a continuing basis because it gets confused as to the existence of
two labels... I seem to have a vague recollection of something ;-).
Anyway, bah.