Permanently disable SMART in udisksd/gnome-disks

Thomas Hungenberg th+lists-debian at demonium.de
Mon Apr 3 19:55:22 UTC 2017

On 03.04.2017 21:19, compdoc wrote:
> On 04/03/2017 01:12 PM, Thomas Hungenberg wrote:
>> I wonder how to permanently disable SMART for the HDD?
>
> There is sometimes a SMART setting in the bios, which I think enables smart tests. Never seen it
> cause errors...

SMART in general works fine.
The problem is udisksd flooding the journal with errors when trying
to poll the SMART data while the HDD is in sleep mode.

I guess this is related to 'org.freedesktop.udisks2.ata-smart-enable-disable'
which is changed when SMART is disabled in gnome-disks but apparently the
setting is not made permanently.

    - Thomas