problems upgrading from 14.04 to 16.04

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Sep 27 03:24:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 00:34:00 +0200, J.L. Blom wrote:
>Hopefully someone gives me the suggestion how to over come this.

How should we know what you already have done? We need the output of a
dry-run/simulation.

Oliver said hat the non-official repositories get disabled by the
release upgrade, but the installed packages from those repositories
still could be an issue.

Colin ask you to post the command you run and it's output.

I wonder what you run. Did you run

  sudo apt purge --dry-run libkolabxml1 libstdc++6:i386

or what else did you run?

Running

  sudo apt remove -s libstdc++6

as suggested by Colin might be problematic, since as Oli pointed out,
it's rather essential.

You should get rid of unimportant packages first.

Note, the package name now is "libkolabxml1v5", a package named
"libkolabxml1" doesn't exist anymore for 16.04,
http://packages.ubuntu.com/ . A 64 bit install not necessarily needs
i386 packages, so at least temporarily remove the 32 bit package/s.
After solving the issue you could reinstall the package/s.

Regards,
Ralf