16.04 Printer definition problems

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 23 21:19:38 UTC 2016

I have tried to get the server option to display in the printer
definition GUI. Not happening.

This is a fresh install with a HP 2430tn printer connected via a usb
connection. According to the documentation I read if no printers are
defined then it is supposed to appear. It does not happen...

Is there any way I can force the line to show up?

If I install the printer it displays the note Not published see server
settings, however, there is not a server settings option anywhere.

I do have another system that I have not yet upgraded from 14.04 LTS
that does publish a printer. It shows up immediately and automatically,
when I start the printer GUI on the new system!

Is this the cause?

I have completely installed 16.04 twice and get the same results...

It worked fine under 14.04!

Thanks,
Jay

--