Out of memory (oom) issues

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Mon Sep 5 00:30:01 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-09-05 at 00:52 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> On So, 2016-09-04 at 16:33 -0500, Chris wrote:
> >

> > From 8:30am until 3:25 Variety ran with no problems just switching
> > wallpapers from my folder. At 3:25pm I added in the option for the
> > clock and for quotes to be downloaded and displayed. At 3:48 this
> > was
> > in the syslog
> >
> > https://pastebin.com/SFZNHwk
> >

> > Actually it started before that as at 3:44:02 my clock froze for a
> > good
> > 5+ minutes until Firefox was killed. Now to get all my evidence
> > together and send to the author. I've again changed the preferences
> > and
> > took out the clock and quotes because as soon as I activated them
> > the
> > system slowed so I had to change the preferences again and just
> > have
> > the wallpaper changer running.
> >
> glad you found the issue, awesome debug work ;)
>
> ciao
> 	oli

Thanks Oli, it took me a week and a lot of head scratching. The last
reply I got to my question about this on launchpad was something like
'so, what do you want us to do?'. I just marked it solved and moved on.

Now the next issue is why does my Amazon Fire tablet write a whole lot
of information to syslog every 15 minutes when it's plugged into the
USB port? It didn't do it in 14.04LTS nor does my Samsung phone do it
when it's plugged in. But that's for another post.

Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C