New box, memory problem

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 16:11:59 UTC 2016

On 22 October 2016 at 17:56, Rashkae <ubuntu at tigershaunt.com> wrote:

> I've made absolutely no attempt to minimize or reduce writes, (other than
> using spinning media for my big media files and video muxing projects.).
> Swap is written to the SSD on regular basis, jounaling is left on... etc.
> Over 3 years of constant use, but the drive has only used 4% of it's
> expected write cycle wear.  At this level of use, I should be able to go
> about 90 years before wear from writing to flash becomes an issue.

Very rarely that I'm aware of has the attitude of "it's fine, don't
worry about it, the limits are so big and so far off that we don't
need to worry about them" had a happy ending.

But do as you wish.

The OP asked for advice; I gave my opinion. Nobody's replies here have
convinced me it was wrong.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven
Skype/MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • LinkedIn/AIM/Yahoo: liamproven