Linux Mint 17.1, Native screen+VGA+HDMI

nitin chandra nitinchandra1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 07:10:34 UTC 2016

My Current laptop does NOT have that GPU switch. On the left side of
the led lights, No, there is no switch.

So here is what I got from speaking to my service / repair guy.

As my earlier boards' display was giving me issues, flickering screen
or a thin green line across the screen, it was diagnosed to be GPU
issue on that board, 2-3 attempts were made to repair it. No luck.
Therefore, mother board required to be changed.

Now, on hindsight, I remember installing NVIDIA drivers, but some how
they were not working. Guessing there was already some issue with the
board then, and therefore drivers were not working.

As posted earlier, currently the display is Intel Extreme Graphics 3 Controller.

I trust the list, that is why I keep coming back to it.

If again I wish to get the board changed which has a GPU, it will cost
me appx INRs.4000/- or $60.

I have been searching the net with the following string "intel extreme
graphics 3 multi display howto linux". Still searching.

Didn't mean to shrink from my search for a solution, but was
responding based on the information available.

Any ideas with Intel Extreme Graphics ?

Thanks