Odd start up issue

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:27:55 UTC 2016

On 11 October 2016 at 19:21, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
> No, it does not require more RAM, it only needs more disk space, if
> Tim shouldn't purge Unity. Disk space isn't an issue yet, so for
> testing purpose, to compare Unity and LXDE, it might be the better
> solution to install LXDE and perhaps Xfce4, too.

I've done the comparison.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/26/xbuntu_round_up/

P2 shows the RAM and disk space comparison.

> Yes, hints how to use a window manager, might be too confusing. I
> shouldn't have done this.

(y)

> And related to VBox, Tim, don't care about what I've written about VBox
> and other VMs, stay with VBox, as I do, too.

Agreed.

> However, care about what
> I've written in regards to wine. Not all Windows apps run when using
> wine.

True. When they do, though, integration with the host OS is better,
and RAM usage much smaller.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven
Skype/MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • LinkedIn/AIM/Yahoo: liamproven