network connection often lost

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Oct 11 14:56:19 UTC 2016

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 16:41:18 +0200 (CEST), Lentes, Bernd wrote:
>Now it lost connection. Because it's not a graphical environment i
>could not copy and paste, so i made a real screenshot.
>
>Find it here:
>https://hmgubox.helmholtz-muenchen.de:8001/f/fddd5371c0/?raw=1

I guess there's a command or setting that logs everything done by
command line to a file, but perhaps it's just available for FreeBSD. I
once used it, but have forgotten how to do this.

However, you could redirect the standard output to a file

  echo "command" > filename.txt
  command >> filename.txt

It's also possible to redirect error messages to a file

  command 2> filename.txt

Regards,
Ralf