Odd start up issue

Timothy Holmes taholmes160 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 12:34:33 UTC 2016

Hi guys.

Im running 16.04 on a built up machine.  Assembled from random pieces.
Pentium 4 2.3ghz old gateway mobo. Has 1 gb ram on it.  Boot drive id an
old seagate 120gb drive. Theres an old wd 80gb drive that will be a data
drive.  I formatted the drive using the guided partitioning - use whole
drive in the setup wizard.

I did find that running fsck fixed a whole bunch of inode errors, and also,
it iurns out that a bunch od dpkg tasks had not finished yet.  Those are
now done.  The machine seems to be running ok this am.

Tim

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016, 6:56 AM Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 October 2016 at 00:17, Timothy Holmes <taholmes160 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just finished an install of a kubuntu 16.04 system.  When I try to
> boot,
> > it drops me to an initramfs prompt.  Whats wrong, and more importantly
> how
> > do I fix it
>
> Give us a clue!
>
> What have you installed it on?
>
> Make/model/broad specification of computer?
> What type of firmware?
> How many disks? Format? Partition types? Location of root, boot,
> bootloader?
>
> Single or dual boot?
>
> Other OSes present? Now or previously?
>
> --
> Liam Proven • Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
> Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven
> Skype/MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • LinkedIn/AIM/Yahoo: liamproven
> Cell/Mobiles: +44 7939-087884 (UK) • +420 702 829 053 (ČR)

Tim Holmes - W8TAH
Sent from my LG Stylo