Is this possible?

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Mon Oct 3 18:52:23 UTC 2016

Hello Dave,

Monday, October 3, 2016, 9:13:33 AM, Dave wrote:

> Quoting Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>:

>> On 3 October 2016 at 06:57, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
>>> AMD 4or6 core processor [have a 6 core]
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> Apart from at the very low end, Intel is faster than AMD and has been
>> since the Core 2 Duo range.

> Top on my AMD box shows 92% idle, can Intel wait faster?

You bring up an interesting point. My large data runs, with many disk
accesses, might actually be IO bound, so processor speed may not be
the most important factor.

If I put the data on SSDs, though, will that very expensive storage
have a short life because of the VERY intensive data access required?

--

 rikona