Is this possible?

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Mon Oct 3 14:35:24 UTC 2016

Hello Liam,

Monday, October 3, 2016, 4:43:07 AM, Liam wrote:

> On 3 October 2016 at 06:57, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
>> AMD 4or6 core processor [have a 6 core]

> Why?

> Apart from at the very low end, Intel is faster than AMD and has
> been since the Core 2 Duo range.

My hope is to do things in parallel. I work with a fair amount of
data, and a large data run may take 12 hours. Sometimes I can split
that and run it as multiple processes. While that is running, I may
have multiple browsers, each with perhaps 50 or more tabs open. This
load makes my current box unusably slow, swap is maxed out, and
something very often crashes - I may lose several days of work. And
there's email, editing of docs, making diagrams, etc, etc. Perhaps
Intel can do one 12 hour job in 4 hours, but I still have lots going
on during that 4 hours.

--

 rikona