What is the command to upgrade one package between old versions?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Nov 9 17:02:46 UTC 2016

On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 16:19:10 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
>On 9 November 2016 at 16:13, Jin Li <lijin.abc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ubuntu,
>>
>> I want to upgrade glusterfs from glusterfs 3.6.4 to glusterfs 3.6.9.
>> Currently only version 3.6.9 is in glusterfs 3.6 ppa.
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~gluster/+archive/ubuntu/glusterfs-3.6
>> <https://launchpad.net/%7Egluster/+archive/ubuntu/glusterfs-3.6>
>>
>> Do you know what is the commands that I can use to upgrade within
>> glusterfs 3.6 automatically? Thanks for your help.
>>

>As I already said on the dev list, if you add the ppa as in the
>instructions in that link then you can automatically upgrade to 3.6.9.
>Or is that not what you mean by "upgrade within glusterfs 3.6
>automatically".

As the website and Colin already explained, open a terminal and run

  sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gluster/glusterfs-3.6
  sudo apt-get update

then run

  sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

if an older version already should be installed and you want to upgrade
to the newer version, or run

  sudo apt-get install glusterfs

if no version should be installed, and you want to install it.

The latest version is automatically offered, for "dist-upgrade" or
"install".

Regards,
Ralf