Can't boot 14.04

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Nov 7 23:15:40 UTC 2016

On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 00:04:25 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
>sudo apt remove nvidia*

I had not in mind that it works for apt, too.

However, my line "happened" by imagine the work-flow. It's like

  cat ./foo | grep x

instead of

  grep x ./foo

this happens, if you first use cat.

Anyway,

  sudo apt remove nvidia*

apart from purge vs remove is the better command, but most confusing
most likely is, that you always start discussions. And the issue with
cd /var/cache/apt/archives/ is the same for apt, too.

"Wait. Ctrl-Alt-Del." doesn't restore the previous state, the OP had
before he upgraded. Most likely all packages used before the upgrade
are available by the cache, so why not trying to install them.

By my instructions we also noticed that updating the index is fishy
regarding a missing public key.