FSlint menu is gone....

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Sat Nov 5 06:31:41 UTC 2016

Hello Colin,

Thursday, November 3, 2016, 1:24:23 AM, Colin wrote:

> On 3 November 2016 at 04:27, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:

>> Here's another problem since the kubuntu-desktop install - the FSlint
>> menu disappeared - it does not show up in the menu bar OR the title
>> bar. Changing the settings does not bring it back. Since there is no
>> way to activate commands in the GUI the pgm is now useless. It was
>> installed and worked fine BEFORE the kubuntu-desktop install. I use it
>> a fair amount and need to get it functional again. I tried an
>> uninstall/reinstall - still does not work.
>>
>> What can I do to get it working?
>>
>> I'm beginning to see why, in 16.04, people have suggested NOT to
>> install kubuntu-desktop if you have Ubuntu!
>>
>> If i uninstall kubuntu-desktop, will that also remove the KDE pgms
>> that were installed BEFORE the kubuntu-desktop install? I'd like to
>> keep those AND their histories if at all possible.
>>

> Removing kubuntu-desktop will not remove apps that you manually installed,
> only kubuntu-desktop itself. To remove the stuff that kubuntu-desktop
> installed then
> sudo apt-get autoremove

> However that is unlikely to fix any configuration issues that
> installing it messed up.

I did the above, but it didn't help - it actually made things worse.

> Do you see the same problems if you login is as guest or as a
> different user? If not then it is your user settings that need to be
> addressed, not whether particular packages are installed.

I tried this before when you suggested it earlier but I see the same
problems with all users. It looks like there are hundreds of config
files besides the hidden ones associated with a user. Not good news
because it looks much harder, to me, to try to fix those.

I checked re the latest kwallet problem, and there seems to be perhaps
a hundred just for the kwallet 'complex'.

Doesn't look good from this side...

Thanks for the help.

--

 rikona