gksudo 16.10

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Nov 4 15:04:32 UTC 2016

On Fri, 04 Nov 2016 15:53:05 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:
>Grizzly wrote:
>> anyway in an effort to "do it all correctly" I tried gksudo, only to
>> find its not installed (by default ?) under 16.10
>
>Do you perhaps run Kubuntu? Then the command installed by default
>would rather be kdesudo instead of gksudo. I think all the other
>Ubuntu flavours have gksudo installed by default (that's in the
>package gksu).

OT:

If so, then comparing pluma and gedit could be very interesting.

I suspect Kubuntu by default doesn't provide gedit and I suspect KDE
users still prefer classic title bars and menu bars, instead of the
GNOME title bars with a chrome menu.

Pluma still should be more or less equal, very similar to gedit, but
still provides a classic title bar and menu bar.