FSlint menu is gone....

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Thu Nov 3 04:27:44 UTC 2016

Here's another problem since the kubuntu-desktop install - the FSlint
menu disappeared - it does not show up in the menu bar OR the title
bar. Changing the settings does not bring it back. Since there is no
way to activate commands in the GUI the pgm is now useless. It was
installed and worked fine BEFORE the kubuntu-desktop install. I use it
a fair amount and need to get it functional again. I tried an
uninstall/reinstall - still does not work.

What can I do to get it working?

I'm beginning to see why, in 16.04, people have suggested NOT to
install kubuntu-desktop if you have Ubuntu!

If i uninstall kubuntu-desktop, will that also remove the KDE pgms
that were installed BEFORE the kubuntu-desktop install? I'd like to
keep those AND their histories if at all possible.

Thanks,

  rikona