Blanked screen never returns

MR mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 06:45:06 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 7:26 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> No luck today. I'll post back when I can replicate.

I tried this again and was able to open a console (I used console 1).

The only thing I found so far that worked was to restart the lightdm
driver, which of course closed all my windows and reset the login to logged
out.

I was hoping to find something would resurrect the screen without losing
all the windows.  this time it wasn't too bad, as I did the experiment when
the system had just come up from an update reboot.

It still bothers me that xscreensaver, which appears to be the default
screensaver for 16.04 (?), still can't blank and restore the screen anymore.

Still open to further input, and thanks for all the postings so far.

MR