Zabbix Frontend PHP on Debian / Ubuntu looks broken

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Mon May 30 17:46:13 UTC 2016

Guys,

 I installed Zabbix Server and its PHP Frontend in an Ubuntu 16.04 box,
however, while trying to "Create host" to monitor it (that already have the
zabbix-agent installed), I'm seeing the following error:

"ERROR: Cannot add host, Incorrect arguments passed to function."

 Look what I found after researching about this:

---
 https://support.zabbix.com/browse/ZBX-9784

 "Gunars Pujats In Debian/Ubuntu repository Zabbix frontend is modified to
use jQuery and Prototype JS libraries from system (/usr/share/javascript).
That caused problem, because latest Prototype.js broke host edit form. Now
form is fixed and should work with latest Prototype.

Ivo Kurzemnieks Using other user-created packages, can result in unexpected
behaviour. Please, use offical packages. The prototype version we use is
1.6.1"
---

 Looks like that is is fixed upstream:

Fixed in:
 pre-2.4.8rc1 r58205
 pre-3.0.0rc1 (trunk) r58206

...But, both Debian and Ubuntu stable releases, doesn't contain the fix...
I would appreciate if someone cherrypick those changes.

 I'm trying to backport Zabbix 3.0.3 from SID to Xenial now, lets see...

Cheers!
Thiago