Trouble with Qt5 help

Richard Hacker lerichi at gmx.net
Wed May 25 06:34:38 UTC 2016

Hello Ubuntu team,

I have an Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS 64-bit installation and would like to use Qt5
designer/assistant/etc

Unfortunately, it looks as though assistant cannot find its styles, whereas
assistant-qt4 is fine (I have qt5 as well as qt4 installed). Using assistant
without styles is quite difficult to say the least!

qt5-doc-html (also installed) looks great, but it does not have the search and
index functions assistant has.

At the end I list my installed qt related packages, all in their latest
versions (from dpkg -l 'qt*')

What am I missing? I'd be grateful  for any assistance!

Regards
Richard

qt4-designer
qt4-dev-tools
qt4-doc
qt4-linguist-tools
qt4-qmake
qt5-default:amd64
qt5-doc
qt5-doc-html
qt5-qmake:amd64
qtbase5-dev:amd64
qtbase5-dev-tools
qtbase5-doc
qtbase5-doc-html
qtchooser
qtcore4-l10n
qtdeclarative5-accounts-plugin
qtdeclarative5-dialogs-plugin:amd64
qtdeclarative5-doc
qtdeclarative5-doc-html
qtdeclarative5-localstorage-plugin:amd64
qtdeclarative5-privatewidgets-plugin:amd64
qtdeclarative5-qtfeedback-plugin:amd64
qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin:amd64
qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-ui-extras-browser-plugin-assets
qtdeclarative5-window-plugin:amd64
qtgraphicaleffects5-doc
qtgraphicaleffects5-doc-html
qthid-fcd-controller