Subscription - Was: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 141, Issue 39

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri May 20 14:34:44 UTC 2016

On Fri, 20 May 2016 07:02:53 -0700, Jeffery Spangler wrote:
>I truly do not know why I am receiving these e mails.
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Hi,

contact ubuntu-users-owner at lists.ubuntu.com [1] to sort out how it could
happen, that you're subscribed to the mailing list digest without your
agreement.

Everybody could do the first step to subscribe you to this mailing list,
but before you finally get subscribed to this mailing list, by the
second step you need to confirm that you want to subscribe, this only
could happen, if somebody has got access to your mail account and it
requires a third step, were you need to log in and change options, to
receive the digest.

The subscribers to this list at least know that less as you do.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
This mail is Cc'ed to the list owner, so you just need to wait for a
reply.