Vagrant Bug is fixed on Debian but no one uploads it to Xenial!

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue May 17 23:08:26 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Guys,
>
>  Can someone, please, close this bug:
>
>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vagrant/+bug/1559420
>
>  The fix is already available on Debian. It was fixes weeks ago!
>
> Thanks,
> Thiago

I suggest getting the package updated as a Stable Release Update (SRU) OR
accepted into the Backports repository.

The SRU process may be preferable, but the Backports process is easier (the
requirements are less stringent).

Here are the basic procedures (found using an Internet search):

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

I was able to experience the SRU process when in late February I became
concerned about a lagging Ubuntu package. I suspect a glitch tripped up the
imports from Debian Testing around the time of the Xenial freeze. SO I read
lots of web pages and taught myself enough Debian packaging to understand
how to make packages compile, then in April I found a sponsor who got the
package into the Universe repository just before the Xenial release.

Additional suggestion: The folks you need assistance from are volunteers,
just like you are. Exclamations in the bug report comments don't help
anyone fix it. Volunteers on this email list and elsewhere respond much
quicker to things like "I completed steps a, b, and c, here's the result,
and I need help with step d."