clear history from shell

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 16 16:08:59 UTC 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016  at 16:29, Tom H wrote:
Re: clear history from shell (at least in part)

>On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:

>Is "history -w" necessary?

>From my (albeit) limited experience, yes, history -c clears the current
history, but once you start a new terminal session its back like a bad penny,
of all the many ways I found (via google) to clear the history this works the
best (and is easy to remember)

It would be nice if there were a "Unique" switch for history so if a command
has been used before (or maybe was executed from history itself) its not added
to list again, just a thought