How to obtain list of installed packages

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu May 12 18:33:23 UTC 2016

hi,
On Do, 2016-05-12 at 12:15 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I suspect whoopsie not always automatically is installed by the
> server
> installation, or perhaps an expert option of the installer allowed me
> to not install whoopsie, since seemingly I never removed it:

it isnt part of the server task (unlike apport), so the installer
wouldnt install it ... the OP might have gotten it as a dependency from
some other package he installed though ...

note that all installers use the task field, while debootstrap uses the
priority field of packages to create the rootfs.
so an install you create solely using debootstrap is quite different
unless you install the task via apt on top of it (but we had that topic
before :) )

apt-get install ubuntu-server^
or
tasksel install ubuntu-server

on top of debootstrap would get you the setup the server installer gets
you (minus the default preseeds for debconf though)

ciao
	oli