unable to play video after upgraded to ubuntu 16.04 from 14.04

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue May 3 16:22:19 UTC 2016

On Tue, 3 May 2016 22:48:48 +0800, 李白|字一日 wrote:
>Everything seems ok except video playing and flash updating.

Something is fishy with your install, since libgbm1 isn't available
after installing. That something doesn't work, after it's installed is
one thing, but that something isn't at the expected location, after
it's installed is bizarre. We need more information and we already
pointed out what information is required.

"Flash" is something completely different. Assumed you opened a
website and it is whining, because it requires the latest version
of flash, since it shouldn't be fine with the last available Linux
version from Adobe or simply with HTML5, then there are workarounds,
but we still need to know what information you get, resp. what
doesn't work, after what exactly you're trying to do.

Flash isn't just an issue for Linux. Linux support was discontinued
years ago and there's no native flash at all, for e.g. iOS. Usually
HTML5 is able to replace flash, just a few exceptions require the
latest (not for Linux available) version of Adobe flash, e.g. video
sites that aren't family-friendly, made for the male Microsoft Windows
crowed.

Depending on the issues you experience, you not necessarily need Google
Chrome, but the heaviest workaround, absolutely last resort for Linux
is to install Google Chrome. Don't confuse Google Chrome with Chromium
or the discontinued pepperflashplugin-nonfree.

Flash is dead. More likely than getting a native, latest version of
Flash for several operating systems, one of them is Linux ... more
likely is, that Elvis (the pelvis) hasn't left the building or at least
right now eats a peanut butter, banana sandwich in Graceland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley#/media/File:Elvis_Presley_promoting_Jailhouse_Rock.jpg

Regards,
Ralf