My Firefox bookmarks survived several 'fresh installs', but not the latest one....

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:51:50 UTC 2016

Hello Everybody.

During several years, I managed to teleport :-) my Firefox bookmarks,
passwords, add-ons, etc. through several 'fresh installs' of Kubuntu: via
'Firefox sync'. However, after the fresh install of Kubuntu 14.04 a few
days ago, I logged again in at Firefox Sync. I did expect to get back the
bookmarks after 30 minutes or so - however, it is one day later now and
they still are not back. Also my passwords and add-ons did not come back so
far, though I have correctly 'synced' my browser with 'Firefox sync'.

The passwords are no problem - I have backed them up. The add-ons are also
not a problem. I reinstall them simply.

However, the bookmarks are a problem. Before the 'fresh install', I did not
backup the .json - file from Firefox my previous install, because I relied
on Firefox Sync to get them back. During several years, it has worked out
like this, but not now - ALL by bookmarks, from several years seem to be
gone. The .json files I still do have are way too old - they are not
relevant any more.

Is there any other way to get my bookmarks back?

Yours.
Bas.

--

Bas G. Roufs