unable to upgrade ubuntu from 14.04 to 16.04

william drescher william at TechServSys.com
Thu Mar 31 10:19:45 UTC 2016

On 3/31/2016 3:06 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 00:11:24 +0200, Tom H wrote:

>>> Actually, if you want minimum problems, wait 6 months after the final
>>> release.
>>
>> If everyone did this, would your advice be to wait for 16.04.2 rather
>> than for 16.04.1?
>
> :D
>
> Not to mention that at some point the margin between installing the LTS
> and it's end of life becomes too short, to consider it being a LTS.

We install the LTS on our production machines 6 months after the
final release.  My point was that this minimizes the problems.
We anticipate 2 years between updates.

Not a recommendation, just sharing.
-bill