Auto Mount problems (Trusty)

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Mon Mar 28 09:18:57 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 09:42:03AM +0100, Grizzly wrote:
> Hi
>
> Having a real problem with auto mounting  my Windoz partition (same disk as
> Trusty) I thought it was just "one of those things" I could work around (click
> disk icon in launcher before ...) but after installing Trusty on a friends PC
> that was to be used as a remote Plex Server I found and tried (both here and
> the there) work around "unchecking show icon" in automouut, alowed Plex to
> configure and run B U T then he could not see it (the drive) to add content!!
>
> Is this going to be addressed in 14.04.5 (or maybe in 16.04) ?

Are you really trying to automount a partition on the same drive?
Automount is really for remote (i.e. other computer) drives to be
mounted.

Just put the windows partition in /etc/fstab, I have:-

    #
    #
    # Windows 7 partitions
    #
    /dev/sda1                               /win7sys        ntfs
    /dev/sda2                               /win7           ntfs

... and they're there all the time.

--
Chris Green