[XENIAL] XOrg 1.18 is just terrible, many, many flickering! Chrome affected.

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 07:31:21 UTC 2016

On 28 March 2016 at 07:57, Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
>  Since the upgrade on Xenial to XOrg 1.18, the screen does not stop
> flickering! Especially Google Chrome window...

On my Xenial the package xorg is at 1:7.7+13ubuntu3.  Do you mean the
package xserver-xorg-core which is at 2:1.18.1-1ubuntu4?

I am not seeing any any flickering on any package (though I do not use
Google Chrome, it is ok in Chromium Browser though).  This is with
intel i915 graphics on a Fujitsu Lifebook..

Have you tried it booting from a Xenial live image to make sure it is
not a configuration problem on the PC or interaction with other stuff
installed?

Colin